Shared Hosting Uptime SLA
Shared hosting plans have an uptime SLA of 99.9%. If at any point in a month, the uptime drops below 99.9%, credit will be applied in the form of a month of hosting for free.
SSD Cloud Hosting Uptime SLA
SSD Cloud Hosting (VPS) plans have an uptime SLA of 99.99%. If that uptime SLA has not been reached at any point in a month, credit will be applied accordingly to your account for use with a VPS.
Dedicated Server Uptime SLA
We guarantee a 100% SLA for our dedicated servers. Credit chart below:
Terms and Conditions
- First Choice Hosting offers SLA credits for use in future billing cycles only. SLA credits are non-transferable in any way. SLA credits may not be exchanged for currency of any kind.
- SLA credit is calculated from the time a ticket is opened regarding the issue to the time the issue is resolved.
- Any Customer account not in good standing on payments is not eligible for SLA credit.
- Any Customer account which has had been out of good standing on payments 3 times or more within 12 months prior to the outage is not eligible for SLA credits.
- Any Customer server disconnected due to violation of the AUP/TOS is not eligible for SLA credit.
- All SLA claims must be made with the billing department, and will be issued as account credits.
- Any Customer making false SLA credit claims may be charged a £30 administrative fee per offence.
- All SLA claims must be made within seven days of the network downtime. SLA credits may take up to 15 days to authorize, process, and post to the Customer account.
- SLA credits may not exceed the full monthly amount of the server they are being applied to.
- In no way does the First Choice Hosting SLA include software of any sort. Operating system reloads do not qualify in any way for an SLA credit.
- Any failure outside of the First Choice Hosting network itself, including bandwidth carrier outages, are not eligible for SLA credit.
- Scheduled maintenance of First Choice Hosting’s network is not eligible for any form of SLA credit.
- Acts of God, including weather, natural disaster, or any other disaster outside of the control of First Choice Hosting are not eligible for SLA credit.